Sometimes you don’t want to add a hunk of cannabis butter or coconut oil to your recipe, and that’s where cannabis tincture comes in! It’s an alcohol-based cannabis extract that can be taken on its own (directly under the tongue) or mixed into food or drinks. Cocktails anyone?
Homemade Cannabis Tincture
- Stove top
- Sauce pan
- Cheese cloth
- Mason jar
- 3 grams decarboxylated cannabis
- 1/2 cup Everclear or other high proof alcohol
- Coarsely grind decarboxylated cannabis and combine with Everclear in a small glass jar. Shake or stir well to combine.
- Fill a small saucepan to the same level of water as the liquid in your jar and bring to a slow simmer, 170°F.
- Add the open jar to the simmering water, using the jar lid or even a small dish towel to keep the jar from touching the bottom of the pot. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Strain the liquid using cheesecloth or a paper coffee filter. Store in an airtight container in a cool, dark place.