Contrary to popular belief, I don’t eat cookies and cakes all the time. I wish I could, but I think my clothes would stop fitting. These fruit and nut bars still satisfy my craving for something sweet while being gluten-free, vegan, and packed with good-for-you ingredients like fruit and nuts. I also love this recipe because you can use any kind of dried fruit and nuts!
Cannabis Fruit and Nut Bars
- Food processor
- 8×8 pan
- 12 Medjool dates pitted
- 1½ cup nuts
- 1 cup dried fruit
- ½ cup shredded coconut or coconut flakes
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon melted cannabis coconut oil
- Line an 8×8" baking dish with parchments paper and set aside.
- In a food processor, pulse dates until they are coarsely chopped.
- Break up any large clumps of dates and add the rest of the ingredients to the food processor. Pulse until nuts are the size you want. I like to keep some on the chunkier side.
- Add the mixture to your prepared baking dish and crumble and mix with your hands if necessary. Then, firmly press the mixture into and even layer. You want your bars to stay together, so use some muscle!
- Freeze until the mixture is firm enough to cut, about 20 minutes. Lift parchments paper out of the pan and cut into 12 equal pieces.