Can’t decide if you prefer chocolate chip cookies or brownies? Now you don’t have to! These brookie bars are a swirly combination of both!
For the brownie layer
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1/2 tablespoon cannabis butter melted
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sat
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips I like to use dark, but semi-sweet is great too
For the cookie layer
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 tablespoon cannabis butter softened
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 Lightly grease an 8×8 pan and line with parchment paper.
- To prepare the brownie layer, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Mix the melted butter and cannabis butter with the granulated and brown sugars.
- Add in the egg and vanilla extract, and stir until combined.
- Then, stir in the flour and fold the chocolate chips in by hand.
- Drop large spoonfuls of the brownie batter into the prepared pan. You can spread it to an even layer, or leave it for a more marbled look.
- To prepare the cookie layer, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt, and set aside.
- Cream together both butters and both sugars.
- Add in the egg and vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients, and mix until just combined. Then, fold in the chocolate chips by hand.
- Drop large spoonfuls into the pan around the brownie batter and gently drag a knife or rubber spatula through both batters in an s-shape for a marbled look. You can also spread the cookie dough into an even layer on top of the brownie batter.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. (I like to take it out a littler early for a gooey center). Let cool completely before slicing into 12 equal pieces.